Wednesday 7 May 2008

Secret Postcard

Last night I got down to work on a little piece of illustration for a secret postcard sale for the charity Music as Therapy. Once the event is over in a couple of weeks I'll reveal what I did.


In the meantime, here's a pretty bad scan of what I drew last year for it. You may notice similarities between this and my piece The Streets of the Dream. That's due to the fact that they were both inspired by the same piece of writing from Italo Calvino's Invisible cities.


This year's one is quite different.

3 comments:

piero pierini said...

i like very much your work!
City scapes are there to be discover as u do.
all the best

littlebird said...

Oh I got that book from a friend for Christmas and am just reading it.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

My husband has many drawings based on that book- though not the same, I could almost recognize the inspiration in your own drawing. I never read it, but it seems imaginative.